- Report on Impacts of Road Usage Charges in Rural, Urban and Mixed Counties
This report compares the implications of road usage charges for members of rural, urban, and mixed counties in terms of financial and technological impacts.
- Federal Resources for Sustainable Rural Communities
This guide highlights the federal resources that rural communities can utilize for protecting the environment, increasing economic competitiveness, and promoting the quality of life.
- Evaluating Alternative Operations Strategies to Improve Travel Time Reliability
This research seeks to present the benefits with improving travel time reliability by balancing the travel demands and actual capacity.
- SSTI Review of Washington State DOT’s Sustainability Efforts
This review was conducted by the State Smart Transportation Initiative to assess the Washington State Department of Transportation’s sustainability efforts.
- Performance-Based Tools to Enhance Investment Decision Making: Assessing a Regional Bridge Network and the Long-Term Consequences of Underinvestment
This study assessed the impacts of underinvestment in bridges and developed tools for identifying investment priorities.
- Considering Community Attributes and Impacts in Long-Range Planning
This report documents North Carolina DOT’s efforts to integrate long-range planning with their project development process.
- Sidewalk Scout, Sidewalk Sentry, and the Sidewalk Priority Index: Cost-Effective Tools for Inventorying and Managing Sidewalk Assets and Prioritizing Improvements in Small to Large Communities
This report describes tools developed for managing pedestrian infrastructure as a transportation asset.
- Mapping Bicycle Facilities by Levels of Traffic Stress
This research reviewed the San Diego bicycle infrastructure and developed recommendations for increasing the city’s ridership.
- An Interim Synthetic Approach for Estimating Pedestrian Volumes in Smaller Communities
This paper addresses the gap in transportation performance measures for pedestrians in small, rural communities.
- Travel Demand Forecasting: Parameters and Techniques
This project served to update NCHRP Report 365, and provide guidance on setting parameters and using forecasting procedures consistent with current practices.