- Rural and Small Urban Multimodal Alternatives for Minnesota
This report summarizes strategies for rural and small urban transportation planners to incorporate multimodalism into their network.
- Employing Scenario Planning to Inform Internal Target-Setting at MassDOT and the MBTA
A presentation on MassDOT and MBTA’s use of scenario planning to develop their Capital Investment Plan (CIP).
- Foresight: Informing Transportation’s Future (NCHRP Report 750 Series)
The introduction to a series of reports produced by the NCHRP to help state DOTs understand scenario planning and the types of future scenarios that they may have to prepare for.
- What’s Driving All This Change? Climate Change
An overview of major climate change phenomena and how it relates to transportation scenario planning.
- Using Scenario Planning to Prepare for the Future–Washington State Case Study
Overview of scenario planning in freight systems and how it was used in a freight scenario planning workshop in Washington State.
- What’s Driving All This Change? Socio-Demographics
Overview of major demographic shifts in the US
- Achieving Multimodal Networks: Applying Design Flexibility and Reducing Conflicts
This report assists transportation planners in designing multimodal transportation networks to meet safety guidelines and overcome design challenges that would otherwise pose conflicts between modes of transportation.
- Report on Impacts of Road Usage Charges in Rural, Urban and Mixed Counties
This report compares the implications of road usage charges for members of rural, urban, and mixed counties in terms of financial and technological impacts.
- Federal Resources for Sustainable Rural Communities
This guide highlights the federal resources that rural communities can utilize for protecting the environment, increasing economic competitiveness, and promoting the quality of life.
- Evaluating Alternative Operations Strategies to Improve Travel Time Reliability
This research seeks to present the benefits with improving travel time reliability by balancing the travel demands and actual capacity.